NEWARK (DE): A car parked in the driveway of a Newark home caught fire and exposed the garage siding and roof with what appeared to be minor fire and smoke exposure damage Sunday morning.
Around 1:00 am. Sunday morning, Aetna Hose Hook & Ladder Company of Newark, along with other fire companies was dispatched to the 100 block of Timberline Drive in Woodmere for a report of a car fire with exposure.
According to fire authorities, a Deputy Fire Chief from Christiana Fire Company, who was also dispatched to the fire, arrived on the scene and reported the vehicle fire was exposing the home. That’s when New Castle County Fireboard upgraded the fire and dispatched additional companies to the scene to assist.
John Farrell, spokesman for Aetna Hose Hook & Ladder Company said, “The fire was placed under control in 10 minutes, however the fire department remained on scene for a little over an hour.”
“Smoke inside the residence was removed by the fire department. The house was still habitable, so the family did not have to relocate.”, Farrell said.
The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office is investigating.
- Home’s attached garage catches fire from exposure from a car fire.
- Minor damage reported to the home, garage siding, & roof.
- More updates to come