Two firefighters injured in accidental morning blaze

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office has determined that this morning’s house fire in New Castle was accidental and was caused by discarded smoking materials on the porch.


New Castle (DE):
Around 8:00 Am. New Castle County Department of Public Safety received a call reporting a house fire in unit block of Newport Avenue in West Minquadale and began dispatching fire and EMS units to the scene.

According to Chief Deputy Fire Marshal, Robert Fox, “Upon arrival of the Fire Department the front of the residence was heavily involved by fire. Multiple units were called to assist.”

Deputies from the State Fire Marshal’s Office responded to the scene and determined that the fire originated in the enclosed porch in the front of the residence and was caused by discarded smoking materials., Fox said.

Two Firefighters received minor injuries and were transported to Christiana Hospital for treatment, at this time their condition is unknown.

Damage estimate is approximately $100,000. The Red Cross of Delmarva is assisting five residents of the building.

Share.

About Author

Delaware Newsline is a digital Delaware News Organization that provides local and national breaking news content to its Delaware and U.S. audience, by utilizing multiple platforms including web, social media, and video.

Leave A Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.