Mayor says renewed public health concerns about the virus make it even more important to be tested, wear a mask, avoid large crowds, and wash your hands
WILMINGTON (DE): Wilmington Mayor Mike Purzycki today reminded City residents to continue to take precautions to avoid spreading the COVID-19 virus. The Mayor urged residents to avoid large crowds, wear a mask, and wash and sanitize their hands frequently.
The Mayor today also announced that there will be additional FREE walk-up test sites in the coming days in Wilmington and thanked the New Castle County government and the Delaware Emergency Management Agency for arranging these events, which will use the saliva test technique.
The sites are:
• Tuesday, July 21: Cathedral of Fresh Fire, Inc., 2300 Northeast Boulevard, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Register in advance at delaware.curativeinc.com
• Wednesday, July 22: Frawley Stadium (North Parking Lot), Frawley Road and Shipyard Drive, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. (Drive-Thru) Register in advance at delaware.curativeinc.com
• Wednesday, July 22: Congo Funeral Home Parking Lot, 2401 North Market Street, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. (Walk Up Only) Register in advance at delaware.curativeinc.com
• Thursday, July 23: Kingswood Community Center, 2300 Bowers Street, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. By appointment only. Call 302-428-6586.
• Friday, July 24: Latin American Community Center, 301 North Harrison Street, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. By appointment only. Call 302-320-6439.
• Friday, July 24: Judy Johnson Park, W. 3rd and Rodney streets, 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. (Walk Up Only) Register in advance at delaware.curativeinc.com
• Saturday, July 25: William “Hicks” Anderson Community Center/Helen Chambers Park, 600 North Madison Street, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Walk Up Only) Register in advance at delaware.curativeinc.com