House Fire in North Wilmington ruled accidental

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

A house fire that injured three people has been ruled accidental by the Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office Tuesday.

WILMINGTON (DE) 01/19/21: The house fire, which was reported in the unit block of Penarth Drive in the community of Penarth, “originated in the garage and was caused by discarded smoking material igniting surrounding combustibles.,” Said Deputy State Fire Marshall, Robert Fox.

Talleyville Fire Company arrived at the home shortly after 11:15 p.m. to find smoke coming from the garage. Request for additional companies brought Brandywine Hundred and Claymont Fire Companies to the scene to assist.

Prior to Talleyville Fire Company arrival, three people were able to evacuate themselves from the home. 

According to New Castle County Paramedics, two patients, an 18-year-old-female, and a 63-year-old-male, were evaluated on scene by New Castle County Paramedics and declined transport to the hospital.

The third patient, a 63-year-old-female, suffered from inhalation injuries. She was treated on scene and transported in stable condition to Christiana Hospital via Claymont Fire Company ambulance accompanied by New Castle County Paramedics.

It’s unknown if smoke detectors were operating at the time of the fire.

Fox estimated the damage to be at $10,000 and said other family members who were in the home at the time of the fire are staying with relatives.

Share.

About Author

Delaware Newsline is a digital Delaware News Organization that provides local and national breaking news content to its Delaware and U.S. audience, by utilizing multiple platforms including web, social media, and video.

Leave A Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.