A fire that injured one person who was not transported to a hospital was accidental according to the state fire marshal’s office.
TALLEYVILLE (DE) 01/31/21: The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office says a fire that injured one person and brought multiple fire companies to the scene, was caused by faulty electrical wiring.
Fire Investigators say the Talleyville Fire Company was alerted about the fire Sunday around 4:30 p.m.
Snow was beginning to lay down in the New Castle County area when the Talleyville Fire Company arrived at the scene in the 3000 block of Maple Shade Lane in the Woodbine development
Arriving Fire units reported heavy fire coming from the second floor of the residence and additional fire companies were then called in to assist.
New Castle County paramedics also assisted at the scene with one person who sustained burns during the fire incident.
“One occupant suffered burns to the hand however that subject did not require transportation to a medical facility.,” Said Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio., “No other injuries were reported.”
Deputy state fire marshals were called to the scene to investigate the origin and cause of the fire and determined that the fire originated inside the attic and was caused by faulty electrical wiring.
Damage to the home was estimated to be at $250,000., Chionchio said.