Five people hospitalized following carbon monoxide poising Sunday morning

Five people are hospitalized after suffering from carbon monoxide poising New Castle County Paramedics say.

NEWARK (DE) BY DIGITAL STAFF: Five people were hospitalized early Sunday morning after suffering from carbon monoxide poising. A sixth person was tended to by medics but refused to go to the hospital to be evaluated.

Medics, along with Christiana Fire Company, Aetna Hose Hook & Ladder Company of Newark, and Good Will Fire Company of New Castle was dispatched to the 8000 block of Rembrandt Circle in the community of Canterbury Village for reports of a carbon monoxide alarm.

Medics evaluated a total of five patients, including a 56-year-old female, a 42-year-old male, a 29-year-old female, a 7-year-old male, and a 2-year-old female.

All five patients were treated for carbon monoxide exposure and transported to Christiana Hospital via Christiana Fire Company and Aetna Hose Hook & Ladder Company ambulances, accompanied by New Castle County Paramedics, in stable condition.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.