About Our 501(c)(3) Status
As of 2022, DNTV Digital has not reached a 501(c)(3) status due to a lack of funding. DNTV Digital is in the process of becoming a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which will allow us to be fully funded by individual members, major charitable gifts, foundations and community partnerships. We will depend on these contributions to continue our mission.
The donors, sponsors, grant makers, partners, board members and thousands of individuals who support this service financially do not influence day-to-day coverage, stories or investigations. The board of directors sets the operation’s budget, determines the CEO and keeps the organization focused on its mission to do investigative journalism and help residents get the information they need to become advocates for good government and social progress. The staff and board continually review priorities and broad areas of editorial focus.
DNTV Digital subscribes to the Institute for Nonprofit News’ standards of editorial independence as follows:
• DNTV Digital retains full authority over editorial content to protect the best journalistic and business interests of our organization. We will maintain a firewall between news coverage decisions and sources of all revenue.
• Acceptance of financial support does not constitute implied or actual endorsement of donors or their products, services or opinions.
• We accept gifts, grants and sponsorships from individuals and organizations for the general support of our operations, but our news judgments are made independently and not on the basis of donor support.
• DNTV Digital may also may consider donations to support the coverage of particular topics, but our organization maintains editorial control of the coverage. We will cede no right of review or influence of editorial content, nor of unauthorized distribution of editorial content.
• DNTV Digital will make public all donors who financially support us as individual members, major donors, foundations and corporate sponsors.
As a reminder, any donations to DNTV Digital is greatly appreciated and will be used towards reaching a 501(c)(3) status, however, please be advised that any donations received prior to receiving a 501(c)(3) status is not tax deductible.