Donor Terms & Conditions
Across the country, a new news reporting model is emerging. Online news sites are taking up the slack and delivering news in the public interest. Readers are beginning to contribute to new public media news sources instead of paying subscription fees to for-profit newsrooms. Unfortunately, this online news distribution system cannot cover the significant costs associated with in-depth news reporting. We ask for your financial support to help pay experienced reporters, photographers, videographers, and contributors to go into the courts, the community, and the offices of government to find and tell important stories in a journalistic non-biased way.
WHERE YOUR DONATION GOES!
$50 per month helps us pay our contributors fairly for their work.
$500 per month helps us pay for video production for two news stories.
$1,000 per month helps us maintain and/or purchase new equipment and other operating costs.
$10,000 per month pays for Delaware Newsline’s entire monthly operating cost.
• We are committed to transparency in every aspect of funding our organization.
• Accepting financial support does not mean we endorse donors or their products, services or opinions.
• We accept gifts, grants and sponsorships from individuals, organizations and foundations to help with our general operations, coverage of specific topics, and special projects.
• Our news judgments are made independently — not based on or influenced by donors.
• We do not give supporters the rights to assign, review or edit content.
• We do not make donors public unless they request to be. We will avoid accepting donations from government entities, political parties, elected officials or candidates actively seeking public office.
• We will not accept donations from sources who, deemed by our Editorial staff, present a conflict of interest with our work or compromise our independence.
• Our organization retains full authority over editorial content to protect the best journalistic and business interests of our organization. We maintain a firewall between news coverage decisions and sources of all revenue. Acceptance of financial support does not constitute implied or actual endorsement of donors or their products, services or opinions.
• We accept gifts, grants and sponsorship’s from individuals and organizations for the general support of our activities, but our news judgments are made independently and not on the basis of donor support.
• Our organization may consider donations to support the coverage of particular topics, but our organization maintains editorial control of the coverage. We will cede no right of review or influence of editorial content, nor of unauthorized distribution of editorial content.
• Since our organization is not a 501(c)(3) media organization, we will not make any donors public, unless they request to be public. We will accept anonymous donations for general support only if it is clear that sufficient safeguards have been put into place that the expenditure of that donation is made independently by our organization and in compliance with all other editorial policies.