Freelance Payment Terms
1. In relation to the following terms and conditions for payment to content suppliers, DNTV Digital should like to draw your attention to the express terms of your agreement to supply services to DNTV Digital regarding the indemnity you provide to DNTV Digital in respect of any claims from any taxing authorities relating to monies paid or payable to you by DNTV Digital (Status of Contributors and Suppliers as Independent Contractors).
2. Editorial desks initiate payments to content suppliers and unless otherwise agreed payment shall be made within 30 days of publication of your Contribution. It is the policy of DNTV Digital to make all payments on a self-billing basis and via electronic funds transfer facilities such as PayPal account designated by the supplier. All charges levied by receiving banks to process payments from DNTV Digital shall be the liability of content suppliers without exception.
3. All new suppliers shall be contacted by DNTV Digital Accounts Payable to request bank account details, and a copy of their agreements are required to comply with IRS guidelines.
4. DNTV Digital asks that new suppliers do not submit payment details until such time as they are prompted to do so by DNTV Digital Accounts Payable.
5. In the event that suppliers notify DNTV Digital that they have appointed an agent
a) to negotiate in all matters relating to their contribution(s); and/or
b) to collect and receive all monies in respect of their contribution(s), then DNTV Digital shall be entitled to rely on such appointment being binding on the supplier and to conduct all negotiations with and/or to make all payment(s) to the appointed agent directly. The supplier hereby declares that the receipt of monies by the said agent shall be a good and valid discharge of DNTV Digital payment liabilities.
6. Suppliers shall be deemed to have entered into a self-billing agreement with DNTV Digital for a period of 12 months from the date of their first self-billing invoice. The self-billing agreement shall renew thereafter for further periods of 12 months on receipt of successive self-billing invoices from Delaware Newsline.
7. During the period of the self-billing agreement suppliers agree not to raise sales invoices for any transactions between themselves and DNTV Digital.
8. DNTV Digital Accounts Payable may be contacted at: email@example.com
9. It is in the supplier’s interests to ensure that their payment details are kept current at all times in order to avoid unnecessary delays in making payments. Any difficulties over payment should be reported initially to DNTV Digital Accounts Payable as above.
10. For all payment of fees in respect of contributions commissioned by DNTV Digital agents, please follow instructions provided by the relevant agent.
11. Any deviations from DNTV Digital standard payment procedures are subject to the prior approval of the Managing Editor.