By using our website, mobile site or app (the “Site”), you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service and to use the Site in accordance with these Terms of Service, our Privacy Notice, and any additional terms and conditions that are referenced herein or that otherwise may apply to specific sections of the Site, or to products and services that we make available to you through the Site (all of which are deemed part of these Terms of Service).
Thank you for sharing your views with Delaware Newsline. Please observe the following simple rules:
(1) No profanity, hate speech, libel or personal attacks, doxxing, naming of victims, harmful stereotypes.
(2) Delaware Newsline reserves the right to remove comments that violate these guidelines. We do read every comment and evaluate how it fits, compliments or responds to our mission.
(3) Continued harmful commentary that is off-topic and off-mission can result in user ban.
- General Information:
1. While only Avatar user/screen names may be used in the comment sections of the website, real names are required to register, including full first and last name.
2. Please be civil in addressing and referencing other Delaware Newsline commenters and stay focused on the subject at hand.
3. Delaware Newsline reserves the right to remove any comment for any reason. Delaware Newsline may also bar individuals who break our commenting rules.
- Who can comment on Delaware Newsline.com?
Anyone who is logged into their Delaware Newsline.com account can comment, or those who have signed in through supported social networks such as Facebook. All commenters must have a public profile. They must use their real name and be respectful of other commenters and mindful of our site commenting rules.
- Can I edit or delete my comment once it's posted?
You have 5 minutes to edit it. You can also choose to delete it entirely at any time.
- How can I report a comment as abusive?
Email concerns with a screen shot of the comment or concern to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why are real names required?
We value thoughtful discussion and have found that the accountability associated with the use of real names contributes to this goal. We’re proud of our highly accomplished readership, and recognize the potential for Delaware Newsline comments to enhance the online and professional reputations of our readers. If we suspect you of using a fake name, your participation will be suspended until we can resolve the question.
- My name is not correct on my profile. How can I fix this?
Please contact us, and we’ll update your name.
- Why are some of my comments missing?
We encourage free expression, regardless of viewpoint, but require that such expressions be respectful of other commenters and relevant to the stories on which they are posted. We reserve the right to remove, hide from public view, or edit any comment for any reason.
In particular, you may not submit a comment that is abusive, defamatory, disrespectful, illegal, offensive or disparaging (whether on the basis of disability, ethnicity, gender, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, traits with which people are born, or otherwise).
You also may not submit a comment that attacks or threatens another person, threatens or promotes violence, wishes for harm to befall another person, invades another person’s privacy or proprietary rights, or uses expletives (including veiled profanity).
You may not stalk or harass another person, dominate the conversation, discourage participation by others, or mock, bait, bicker, taunt, or belittle others.
Comments with spam or self-promotional links are not allowed. Self-promotional links are permitted on your profile page. Your comments and profile may not imply any connection to any person or organization to which you are not, in fact, connected.
Comments in all-capital letters, all-bold, or all-italic postings, excessive blank space and objectionable profile photos are not permitted.
We will also hide from view any comments made by a reader suspected of using a fake name.
- Who will see my Delaware Newsline profile and comments?
If you choose to comment on Delaware Newsline, your profile and comments will be visible to all logged-in Delaware Newsline readers. You can choose to make your profile and comments private but will not be able to post new comments. You can review your profile and choose between public and private status here.
- What happened to my commenting history?
At launch, your profile may display only your most recent comments. Over time, all previous comments will reappear on your profile. The total number of recommendations you’ve accrued will be added to your profile.
- How do I manage the email that Delaware Newsline is sending me about my commenting activity?
You can control the number and frequency of email notifications through our Email Sign-Up Center. We can notify you if someone recommends or responds to your comments or enters a conversation you’re following. You can choose whether to be notified immediately, every hour, or not at all.
- Who can I contact with additional questions or concerns about commenting and profile?
All commenting feedback should be sent to legal@ Delaware Newsline.com.